BHS cross country competes at Rifle invite
October 13, 2017
The Basalt High School cross country team competed Thursday at the Rifle Invitational.
In the girls race, BHS senior Carly Robinson led the Longhorns by taking 13th with a time of 20 minutes, 38.4 seconds. Freshman Sierra Bower was 20th in 21:09.6 and sophomore Lily Gillis 24th in 21:21 to round out Basalt's top-30 finishers.
Steamboat Springs finished 1-2 in the girls race with sophomore Maggi Condon winning in 18:36.6. Junior Winter Boese was second in 19:05.8 and Rifle's Sarah Wagler third in 19:25.
In the boys race, Basalt's top finisher was junior Leighton Albright. He took 41st out of 200 racers with a time of 18:30.5. Soroco senior Ben Kelley won the race in 16:03.4.
Basalt, along with Aspen High School, are next scheduled to compete in the Montrose Relays on Saturday. After that, it's onto the regional meet Oct. 20 in Delta.
For full results, click here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- With braces on both knees, Lindsey Vonn struggles in first race of season
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow