Basalt boys win youth football title
November 19, 2015
Basalt wins the super bowl.
Yes, the Basalt junior football team captured the season championship this year.
The Basalt D-2 team, including fifth- and sixth-graders, won the end-of-season youth super bowl with a 36-16 victory over New Castle in a game played at Eagle Valley High School in Gypsum.
The Basalt team finished the season a perfect 7-0.
The team is led by head coach Tom Moore and assistants Jeff Lemongelli, Kirk Schneider and Peter Dolan.
The championship team includes:
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch