Basalt boys win youth football title
November 19, 2015
Basalt wins the super bowl.
Yes, the Basalt junior football team captured the season championship this year.
The Basalt D-2 team, including fifth- and sixth-graders, won the end-of-season youth super bowl with a 36-16 victory over New Castle in a game played at Eagle Valley High School in Gypsum.
The Basalt team finished the season a perfect 7-0.
The team is led by head coach Tom Moore and assistants Jeff Lemongelli, Kirk Schneider and Peter Dolan.
The championship team includes:
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Preps: Fork beats AHS boys soccer, volleyball sweeps in Saturday action
- Aspen football cruises by Cedaredge in home opener, 48-12; Basalt also rolls
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo