Basalt boys win youth football title
November 19, 2015
Basalt wins the super bowl.
Yes, the Basalt junior football team captured the season championship this year.
The Basalt D-2 team, including fifth- and sixth-graders, won the end-of-season youth super bowl with a 36-16 victory over New Castle in a game played at Eagle Valley High School in Gypsum.
The Basalt team finished the season a perfect 7-0.
The team is led by head coach Tom Moore and assistants Jeff Lemongelli, Kirk Schneider and Peter Dolan.
The championship team includes:
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen skier, 2018 Olympian Wiley Maple healthy, ready for World Cup season
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River
- Aspen Skiing Co. alters dog hours for uphillers at Buttermilk, Snowmass and Highlands
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire