AVSC product Chris Corning second in Dew Tour snowboard slopestyle
December 16, 2017
Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard product Chris Corning of Summit County took second in the men's snowboarding slopestyle competition on Saturday at the Dew Tour in Breckenridge. His score of 95 was bested by only Canada's Max Parrot (97), while Norway's Mons Roisland was third with 92. Summit County teen phenom Red Gerard was fourth.
The podium puts Corning in a strong spot to secure a position on the U.S. Olympic team, with Dew Tour being one of the Olympic qualifiers.
Canada's Spencer O'Brien won the women's snowboard slopestyle competition Saturday with a 95. American Jamie Anderson was second (93.33) and Finland's Enni Rukajarvi was third (92).
Sweden's Henrik Harlaut won the men's ski slopestyle final on Saturday with a 95, edging American Nick Goepper (92) and Norway's Oystein Braaten (91.33).
Norway's Johanne Killi won the women's ski slopestyle final on Saturday with a 90. She beat France's Tess Ledeux (89) and Switzerland's Sarah Hoefflin (84).
Dew Tour concludes Sunday with the ski and snowboard team challenge.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- In ‘Freak Kingdom,’ a professor examines the political Hunter S. Thompson