AVSC product Chris Corning second in Dew Tour snowboard slopestyle
December 16, 2017
Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard product Chris Corning of Summit County took second in the men's snowboarding slopestyle competition on Saturday at the Dew Tour in Breckenridge. His score of 95 was bested by only Canada's Max Parrot (97), while Norway's Mons Roisland was third with 92. Summit County teen phenom Red Gerard was fourth.
The podium puts Corning in a strong spot to secure a position on the U.S. Olympic team, with Dew Tour being one of the Olympic qualifiers.
Canada's Spencer O'Brien won the women's snowboard slopestyle competition Saturday with a 95. American Jamie Anderson was second (93.33) and Finland's Enni Rukajarvi was third (92).
Sweden's Henrik Harlaut won the men's ski slopestyle final on Saturday with a 95, edging American Nick Goepper (92) and Norway's Oystein Braaten (91.33).
Norway's Johanne Killi won the women's ski slopestyle final on Saturday with a 90. She beat France's Tess Ledeux (89) and Switzerland's Sarah Hoefflin (84).
Dew Tour concludes Sunday with the ski and snowboard team challenge.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- ‘Time to listen to my body’: Lindsey Vonn may be in too much pain to continue on
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche