AVSC product Chris Corning second in Dew Tour snowboard slopestyle
December 16, 2017
Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard product Chris Corning of Summit County took second in the men's snowboarding slopestyle competition on Saturday at the Dew Tour in Breckenridge. His score of 95 was bested by only Canada's Max Parrot (97), while Norway's Mons Roisland was third with 92. Summit County teen phenom Red Gerard was fourth.
The podium puts Corning in a strong spot to secure a position on the U.S. Olympic team, with Dew Tour being one of the Olympic qualifiers.
Canada's Spencer O'Brien won the women's snowboard slopestyle competition Saturday with a 95. American Jamie Anderson was second (93.33) and Finland's Enni Rukajarvi was third (92).
Sweden's Henrik Harlaut won the men's ski slopestyle final on Saturday with a 95, edging American Nick Goepper (92) and Norway's Oystein Braaten (91.33).
Norway's Johanne Killi won the women's ski slopestyle final on Saturday with a 90. She beat France's Tess Ledeux (89) and Switzerland's Sarah Hoefflin (84).
Dew Tour concludes Sunday with the ski and snowboard team challenge.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall