Avon’s Brad Zoller wins XTERRA triathlon in El Jebel on Saturday
August 19, 2017
Brad Zoller, a professional triathlete based out of Avon, won Saturday's XTERRA Aspen Valley triathlon in El Jebel. The Without Limits Productions event's main race featured a 1,200-meter swim in the Kodiak Ski Lake, a two-lap, 12-mile mountain bike ride, and a three-mile trail run.
Zoller finished the race in 1 hour, 45 minutes, 22 seconds, edging fellow Avon resident Michael Dorr by about four minutes. Carbondale's Peter Santini was third in 1:54:12.
Woody Creek's Kara LaPoint took the women's race in 1:55:22. In second was Dillon's Jill Sorensen (2:03:43) and third was Avon's Janel Klug (2:10:42).
Gunnison's Benjamin Lokie won the shorter race, which featured only one lap on the bike. He finished in 1:36:28. New York's Alexis Anzo won the women's 1-lap race in 1:34:21.
Also included this year was a stand-up paddleboard race, where participants replaced the swimming portion with a SUP session on the lake. Lakewood's David Leue won the men's race in 1:24:57, while Houston's Celeste Luke won the women's race in 1:35:43. Aspen's Jen Berkowitz was second in 1:43:27.
For complete results, visit http://www.withoutlimits.co.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Briefs: Basalt softball splits with Rifle, awaits Delta in key league games
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman