Avon’s Brad Zoller wins XTERRA triathlon in El Jebel on Saturday
August 19, 2017
Brad Zoller, a professional triathlete based out of Avon, won Saturday's XTERRA Aspen Valley triathlon in El Jebel. The Without Limits Productions event's main race featured a 1,200-meter swim in the Kodiak Ski Lake, a two-lap, 12-mile mountain bike ride, and a three-mile trail run.
Zoller finished the race in 1 hour, 45 minutes, 22 seconds, edging fellow Avon resident Michael Dorr by about four minutes. Carbondale's Peter Santini was third in 1:54:12.
Woody Creek's Kara LaPoint took the women's race in 1:55:22. In second was Dillon's Jill Sorensen (2:03:43) and third was Avon's Janel Klug (2:10:42).
Gunnison's Benjamin Lokie won the shorter race, which featured only one lap on the bike. He finished in 1:36:28. New York's Alexis Anzo won the women's 1-lap race in 1:34:21.
Also included this year was a stand-up paddleboard race, where participants replaced the swimming portion with a SUP session on the lake. Lakewood's David Leue won the men's race in 1:24:57, while Houston's Celeste Luke won the women's race in 1:35:43. Aspen's Jen Berkowitz was second in 1:43:27.
For complete results, visit http://www.withoutlimits.co.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain