Aspen’s Max Taam, Frisco’s Jill Seaver win Grand Traverse triple crown on Sunday
September 3, 2017
Aspen's Max Taam and Frisco's Jill Seaver won the 2017 Grand Traverse triple crown titles on Sunday, finishing with the best cumulative time over the three GT events.
The third and final event was Sunday's mountain bike race from Aspen to Crested Butte. Bryan Dillon won the race in 4 hours, 1 minute, 52.37 seconds. In second was Brian Smith (4:16:23.64) and third Tony Nitti (4:35:18.94). Taam was fourth in 4:38:57.14.
Mindy Mulliken was the top female finisher, taking 13th in 5:25:21.91. Janel Klug was second among women in 6:03:21.15 and third Seager in 6:31:23.85.
For full results, click here.
Taam finished the three races — which included Saturday's trail run and the winter's ski mountaineering race — in 18 hours, 44 minutes, 36 seconds. Taam won the winter’s race in record time alongside teammate John Gaston.
Seaver's three-race time was 25:25:28.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Birds of Prey ski races are officially a go in December at Beaver Creek
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art