Aspen’s Max Taam, Frisco’s Jill Seaver win Grand Traverse triple crown on Sunday
September 3, 2017
Aspen's Max Taam and Frisco's Jill Seaver won the 2017 Grand Traverse triple crown titles on Sunday, finishing with the best cumulative time over the three GT events.
The third and final event was Sunday's mountain bike race from Aspen to Crested Butte. Bryan Dillon won the race in 4 hours, 1 minute, 52.37 seconds. In second was Brian Smith (4:16:23.64) and third Tony Nitti (4:35:18.94). Taam was fourth in 4:38:57.14.
Mindy Mulliken was the top female finisher, taking 13th in 5:25:21.91. Janel Klug was second among women in 6:03:21.15 and third Seager in 6:31:23.85.
For full results, click here.
Taam finished the three races — which included Saturday's trail run and the winter's ski mountaineering race — in 18 hours, 44 minutes, 36 seconds. Taam won the winter’s race in record time alongside teammate John Gaston.
Seaver's three-race time was 25:25:28.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west