Aspen’s Max Taam, Frisco’s Jill Seaver win Grand Traverse triple crown on Sunday
September 3, 2017
Aspen's Max Taam and Frisco's Jill Seaver won the 2017 Grand Traverse triple crown titles on Sunday, finishing with the best cumulative time over the three GT events.
The third and final event was Sunday's mountain bike race from Aspen to Crested Butte. Bryan Dillon won the race in 4 hours, 1 minute, 52.37 seconds. In second was Brian Smith (4:16:23.64) and third Tony Nitti (4:35:18.94). Taam was fourth in 4:38:57.14.
Mindy Mulliken was the top female finisher, taking 13th in 5:25:21.91. Janel Klug was second among women in 6:03:21.15 and third Seager in 6:31:23.85.
For full results, click here.
Taam finished the three races — which included Saturday's trail run and the winter's ski mountaineering race — in 18 hours, 44 minutes, 36 seconds. Taam won the winter’s race in record time alongside teammate John Gaston.
Seaver's three-race time was 25:25:28.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova is a ‘very strong rival’ for Mikaela Shiffrin
- Aspen boys basketball beats Basalt to end losing streak; Longhorn girls win
- Freeskiing Open returns to Buttermilk venues beginning with Thursday quals
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Aspen-Basalt basketball should be fun
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Update: Winter storm watch in effect until Friday, up to 14 inches of snow predicted
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Carbondale man pleads guilty to attempted sex with a 7-year-old girl
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’