Aspen volleyball team captures league opener
September 12, 2013
The Aspen High School volleyball team, fresh from a 3-1 victory at Basalt earlier this week, will prepare for Tuesday's match at Roaring Fork in Carbondale.
Originally, the AHS volleyball team was scheduled to play at Cedaredge on Saturday. That match, however, has been rescheduled for Monday, Oct. 7.
The Skiers (5-3) opened the conference season with the 25-15, 23-25, 25-20, 25-20 win over the Longhorns. That gave Aspen a 1-0 conference record heading into next week's league match at Roaring Fork.
The Aspen volleyball team opened the season with a 1-2 mark at the annual Glenwood Springs Invitational, beating Nucla and falling to Denver Lutheran and Vail Christian.
The Skiers rebounded to take three of four matches at the Moffat County Tournament in Craig the following weekend.
The Skiers lost to Olathe but defeated Moffat County, Basalt and Cedaredge in the tourney matches.
Recommended Stories For You
Aspen followed with the 3-1 victory over Basalt to open the conference season and improve to 5-3 overall.
Next Thursday, Sept. 19, Aspen will host Coal Ridge.
Then, the Skiers will host Grand Valley in a homecoming match on Sept. 28. Aspen will play at Rifle on Oct. 1.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Mama bear and her three cubs spend the night at Snowmass Center
- Is affordable housing no longer affordable in Aspen?
- Ski.com and Epic Pass are accepting applications for the dream ski job
- Aspen’s parking problems persist as director plays whack-a-mole
- ‘Cowboy’ Jim Crowley recollects his 100 years in Fryingpan Valley and Basalt