Aspen volleyball goes 2-2 at Battle Mountain tourney; Basalt goes 1-3
October 8, 2017
The Aspen High School volleyball team went 2-2 on Saturday at the Queen of the Mountain Tournament, hosted by Battle Mountain High School in Edwards.
The Skiers recorded 2-0 wins over both Northridge and rival Basalt. They lost 2-0 to both Battle Mountain and Vail Mountain.
Basalt went 1-3 on the day, beating Vail Christian 2-0 and losing to Alamosa (2-0), Vail Mountain (2-1) and Aspen.
Coal Ridge won the nine-team tournament, with Battle Mountain taking second and Vail Mountain third.
Aspen next plays Tuesday at Rifle, while Basalt will host Delta that day.
Aspen High softball loses Saturday
Recommended Stories For You
The Aspen High School softball team lost 16-1 Saturday at Meeker. The Skiers also lost 15-4 and 20-0 at home against Delta on Thursday.
Now, teams await the release of the regional brackets, expected Monday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River