Aspen volleyball goes 2-2 at Battle Mountain tourney; Basalt goes 1-3
October 8, 2017
The Aspen High School volleyball team went 2-2 on Saturday at the Queen of the Mountain Tournament, hosted by Battle Mountain High School in Edwards.
The Skiers recorded 2-0 wins over both Northridge and rival Basalt. They lost 2-0 to both Battle Mountain and Vail Mountain.
Basalt went 1-3 on the day, beating Vail Christian 2-0 and losing to Alamosa (2-0), Vail Mountain (2-1) and Aspen.
Coal Ridge won the nine-team tournament, with Battle Mountain taking second and Vail Mountain third.
Aspen next plays Tuesday at Rifle, while Basalt will host Delta that day.
Aspen High softball loses Saturday
Recommended Stories For You
The Aspen High School softball team lost 16-1 Saturday at Meeker. The Skiers also lost 15-4 and 20-0 at home against Delta on Thursday.
Now, teams await the release of the regional brackets, expected Monday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Football power rankings going into Class 2A WSL play
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone