Aspen volleyball falls short in regional play
November 3, 2017
The Aspen High School volleyball team saw its season come to an end Friday when it went 0-2 in regional play, hosted by Faith Christian in Arvada.
AHS, the No. 34 seed in the three-team regional, lost 3-1 to the host Eagles in the first match of the pod. Aspen won the first set 25-21 over No. 3 Faith Christian, but couldn't keep the pace over the next three sets.
Aspen then lost 3-1 to No. 22 seed Rye to close out its season with a 13-8 record. This is the first season AHS has finished above .500 since going 12-10 in 2008.
Faith Christian beat Rye 3-0 in the nightcap to earn a trip to next week's Class 3A state tournament. Rye finishes the season 14-11.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River