Aspen High boys tennis sweeps through Grand Junction Central
August 31, 2017
The Aspen High School boys tennis team swept its way through host Grand Junction Central on Thursday, improving to 2-0 in dual matches this season.
The Skiers won 7-0 despite playing without their No. 1 and 2 singles players, who sat out to give some of the younger players valuable time on the court. Gaberiel Suarez stepped into the No. 1 spot, with George Ghali and Christian Kelly playing No. 2 and 3, respectively.
All matches were won in straight sets, with AHS only losing eight games in seven matches.
The Skiers next host Fruita Monument at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, their final home match of the season.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Briefs: Basalt softball splits with Rifle, awaits Delta in key league games
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman