Aspen High boys tennis sweeps through Grand Junction Central
August 31, 2017
The Aspen High School boys tennis team swept its way through host Grand Junction Central on Thursday, improving to 2-0 in dual matches this season.
The Skiers won 7-0 despite playing without their No. 1 and 2 singles players, who sat out to give some of the younger players valuable time on the court. Gaberiel Suarez stepped into the No. 1 spot, with George Ghali and Christian Kelly playing No. 2 and 3, respectively.
All matches were won in straight sets, with AHS only losing eight games in seven matches.
The Skiers next host Fruita Monument at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, their final home match of the season.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Aspen skier, 2018 Olympian Wiley Maple healthy, ready for World Cup season
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company