Aspen High boys tennis sweeps through Grand Junction Central
August 31, 2017
The Aspen High School boys tennis team swept its way through host Grand Junction Central on Thursday, improving to 2-0 in dual matches this season.
The Skiers won 7-0 despite playing without their No. 1 and 2 singles players, who sat out to give some of the younger players valuable time on the court. Gaberiel Suarez stepped into the No. 1 spot, with George Ghali and Christian Kelly playing No. 2 and 3, respectively.
All matches were won in straight sets, with AHS only losing eight games in seven matches.
The Skiers next host Fruita Monument at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, their final home match of the season.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Bundy’s escape forever a part of Garfield County history
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Willoughby: Aspen’s long, snowy slopes open the path to a new industry