Aspen soccer closes season at Vail Mtn.
October 17, 2013
The boys high school soccer season ended Thursday afternoon for the Aspen Skiers.
The Skiers lost a 3-0 decision to Vail Mountain School on the road in a game where the Gore Rangers were battling for playoff seeding.
"They are a very good team, very fast on the attack," Aspen head coach Dave Francis said. "They punished us for our inability to get close enough to them to shut them down."
Vail Mountain scored twice in the first half.
"We made some adjustments in the second half, brought some more players forward. But we struggled to get into this game," Francis said.
"They moved the ball very, very well," Francis said. "their fris tgoal was a very good goal … well played."
Recommended Stories For You
Vail Mountain School improved to 4-1-2 in conference, 8-4-2 overall.
Aspen, after winning four of the last five matches, fell to 3-3-1 in conference, 5-9-1 overall.
"All in all, it was a fantastic season," Francis said. "(Thursday) wasn't our best game. But overall, we came a long way this year."
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Mountain lions acting aggressively in West Glenwood