Aspen soccer closes season at Vail Mtn.
October 17, 2013
The boys high school soccer season ended Thursday afternoon for the Aspen Skiers.
The Skiers lost a 3-0 decision to Vail Mountain School on the road in a game where the Gore Rangers were battling for playoff seeding.
"They are a very good team, very fast on the attack," Aspen head coach Dave Francis said. "They punished us for our inability to get close enough to them to shut them down."
Vail Mountain scored twice in the first half.
"We made some adjustments in the second half, brought some more players forward. But we struggled to get into this game," Francis said.
"They moved the ball very, very well," Francis said. "their fris tgoal was a very good goal … well played."
Recommended Stories For You
Vail Mountain School improved to 4-1-2 in conference, 8-4-2 overall.
Aspen, after winning four of the last five matches, fell to 3-3-1 in conference, 5-9-1 overall.
"All in all, it was a fantastic season," Francis said. "(Thursday) wasn't our best game. But overall, we came a long way this year."
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Mandatory curtailment of water rights in CO raised as possibility