Aspen skaters share billing with Stars on Ice
December 18, 2014
Aspen skaters will share the ice with Olympic skaters this weekend.
The Stars on Aspen Ice 2014 program at Lewis Ice Arena will feature the young Aspen skaters in the Revolutions Skating Club along with Olympians Jeremy Abbott, Gracie Gold and Rosalyn Sumners.
Two skating shows are scheduled.
The early show is set for 4 p.m. Saturday, with a VIP reception to follow from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
The late show will start at 8 p.m. A VIP reception will precede the late show, running from 7 to 8 p.m.
Tickets are available at the Wheeler Box Office.
Recommended Stories For You
Adult general admission tickets are $35. Student tickets are $20 each.
Tickets also will be available at the door Saturday.
There also are $100 VIP tickets available featuring on-ice seating and a private catered reception with the skating stars.
Aspen's Kate Howard and Sari Behr will be featured in solo performances Saturday at the rink at the Aspen Recreation Center (ARC).
"Kate is a senior in high school and this performance will show the culmination of many years of skating," said Michelle Hocknell of the Revolutions Skating Club.
"Sari is our highest-level competitor, who just recently competed at our Southwestern regional competition (at the novice level)," Hocknell said. "Sari also just passed one of the highest level tests in figure skating and is a gold medalist in 'Moves in the Field.'"
She said very few skaters in the country accomplish the gold-level tests.
She invited fans to come out and watch the young skaters as well as the Olympians, led by Abbott.
He's an Aspen native who started his skating career here.
He's competed in two Olympic Games, including Sochi last winter.
Abbott won his fourth U.S. national figure skating title last January. He also returned to competitive skating after hinting he may retire after Sochi.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch
- How to see the super blood wolf moon on Sunday