Aspen prep runners on course
September 21, 2013
The Aspen High School cross country team is racing right into homecoming week.
The Skiers competed this week at the Glenwood Springs Invitational on the Spring Valley campus of Colorado Mountain College, south of Glenwood Springs.
The Aspen boys finished fourth as a team; the AHS girls were sixth.
The Skiers will participate in homecoming activites next week.
They are preparing to host their annual meet, the Chris Severy Invitational, on Oct. 5.
The Chris Severy Invitational will be staged on the trails around Aspen High School and the Moore Open Space adjacent to the school campus
Recommended Stories For You
In the girls 5K race at CMC on Friday afternoon, Ryley Sutton led the AHS girls in 18th place (22:49). Teammate Megan Woodrow finished 21st (23:01).
Here are the other Aspen girls and their finishes and times:
Leigh Sandbach (38th, 24:21)
Tierney Sutton (40th, 24:28)
Megan Hanson (46th, 24:43)
Eliza Wells (47th, 24:46)
Shayla DeYoung (48th, 24:59)
McKenna Woodrow (52nd, 25:07)
Hannah Dodge (53rd, 25:13)
Maria King (56th, 25:29)
Caroline DeRosa (58th, 25:39)
Dominique Wojcik (59th, 25:41)
Logan McNamee (60th, 25:41)
Melody Lemke (63rd, 25:47)
Mackenzie Conner (68th, 26:04)
Adair Pattillo (78th, 26:48)
Gaby Magana (89th, 27:25)
Marta Galambos (90th, 27:26)
Ali McNichol (94th, 27:39)
Sonya Padden (95th, 27:39)
Tess Schaftel (98th, 27:46)
Julia Budsey (119th, 29:50).
Ben Moscona led the Aspen boys with his 17th-place finish (19:14). Teammate Taggart Solomon was 26th (19:33) with teammate Seamus Crowley 27th (19:39) and teammate Mikey George 28th (19:41).
Other Aspen finishers included:
Hudson McNamee (30th, 19:47)
Alex Wells (36th, 20:09)
Reece Johnson (40th, 20:37)
Coen Needell (53th, 21:10)
Jack Wells (67th, 21:52)
Chris Hopkins (68th, 21:56)
Quinton O'Keeffe (94th, 23:23).
Heritage won the boys team title with Grandview finishing second. Eagle Valley was third.
Grandview won the girls meet with Heritage second.
Battle Mountain finished third.
After hosting the annual Chris Severy Invitational, the Skiers will head to the Montrose Relays on Oct. 12.
The Class 3A Regional Cross Country Championships will held Friday, Oct. 18, at Confluence Park in Delta.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain