Aspen Parks and Recreation briefs
December 18, 2013
The Aspen Parks and Recreation Department is offering outdoor ice skating and sledding on the Whoa Nelly Hill behind the Aspen Recreation Center. The outdoor ice skating and the sledding are free.
Sled rental is available for $5. Skate rental is $3.
Meet Santa Claus
You are invited to meet Santa Claus at the Aspen Recreation Department at the Aspen Recreation Center (ARC) from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday.
Youngsters can have their photos taken with Santa. There will be arts, crafts, cookie decorating and hot cocoa. The event is free.
Recommended Stories For You
New Year's Eve Fireworks
There will be a bonfire with a DJ in Wagner Park on New Year's Eve from 8 p.m. to midnight. The event is free.
Fireworks are scheduled at 8 p.m. and again at midnight on Tuesday, Dec. 31.
Winterskol Broomball Tournament
The annual Winterskol Broomball Tournament will be played on Sunday, Jan. 12, at the Aspen Ice Garden. The tourney will run from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Teams will be guaranteed two games. Entry fee is $50 per team.
For more information, contact Keith at 970-948-2192.
Space is limited.
Adult Basketball League
The Aspen Recreation Department will offer an Adult Basketball League starting in January and running through March.
Games will be played Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 7 and 10 p.m. at the Aspen High School Skierdome.
Entry fee is $745 per team.
For more information, visit aspenrecreation.com or telephone the Aspen Recreation Center at 970-544-4100. For Aspen special events, call 970-429-2093.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border