Aspen hockey beats Summit on the road
December 5, 2014
The Aspen High School hockey team moved to 2-0-0 on the season with a road victory Friday.
The Skiers traveled to Breckenridge to take on Summit High School. Aspen, under first-year head coach Dru Lucchesi, won it second consecutive game, stopping Summit 4-2.
Charlie VanAllen score two goals for Aspen.
The Skiers also had goals from Trey Robinson and Vic Dunn.
The Aspen High School hockey team had opened the year with a 4-1 win over visiting Steamboat Springs at the Lewis Ice Arena in Aspen earlier this week.
Dunn also had a goal in that game.
Recommended Stories For You
Zac Mencimer, Harry Ferguson and Tyler Tick also scored in Aspen's opener.
The Skiers will play in Vail on Saturday against rival Battle Mountain.
The game will start at 5:30 p.m. at Dobson Arena in Vail.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall