Aspen hockey beats Summit on the road
December 5, 2014
The Aspen High School hockey team moved to 2-0-0 on the season with a road victory Friday.
The Skiers traveled to Breckenridge to take on Summit High School. Aspen, under first-year head coach Dru Lucchesi, won it second consecutive game, stopping Summit 4-2.
Charlie VanAllen score two goals for Aspen.
The Skiers also had goals from Trey Robinson and Vic Dunn.
The Aspen High School hockey team had opened the year with a 4-1 win over visiting Steamboat Springs at the Lewis Ice Arena in Aspen earlier this week.
Dunn also had a goal in that game.
Recommended Stories For You
Zac Mencimer, Harry Ferguson and Tyler Tick also scored in Aspen's opener.
The Skiers will play in Vail on Saturday against rival Battle Mountain.
The game will start at 5:30 p.m. at Dobson Arena in Vail.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen High skiers head to Purgatory hoping to defend state championships
- State skiing: Aspen High’s Levyn Thomas wins girls giant slalom title on Day 1
- Mikaela Shiffrin locks up another slalom title with 14th World Cup win of season
- Briefs Feb. 19: AHS hockey loses to Kent, Delta too much in basketball
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Playoffs are here, although with a heavy heart