Aspen hockey beats Summit on the road
December 5, 2014
The Aspen High School hockey team moved to 2-0-0 on the season with a road victory Friday.
The Skiers traveled to Breckenridge to take on Summit High School. Aspen, under first-year head coach Dru Lucchesi, won it second consecutive game, stopping Summit 4-2.
Charlie VanAllen score two goals for Aspen.
The Skiers also had goals from Trey Robinson and Vic Dunn.
The Aspen High School hockey team had opened the year with a 4-1 win over visiting Steamboat Springs at the Lewis Ice Arena in Aspen earlier this week.
Dunn also had a goal in that game.
Recommended Stories For You
Zac Mencimer, Harry Ferguson and Tyler Tick also scored in Aspen's opener.
The Skiers will play in Vail on Saturday against rival Battle Mountain.
The game will start at 5:30 p.m. at Dobson Arena in Vail.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)