Aspen High School hockey falls to No. 3 Valor Christian in state quarterfinals
February 24, 2018
The Aspen High School hockey team's season came to an end Saturday with a 4-2 loss to No. 3 seed Valor Christian in the quarterfinal round of the state tournament.
The No. 11 seed Skiers trailed by only a goal late before Valor scored an empty-netter to finish the game, played at The Ice Ranch in Littleton.
The Skiers got to the quarterfinals after beating No. 22 Ralston Valley 6-3 in the first round and then upsetting No. 6 Heritage 4-1 on Friday.
Aspen finishes the season with a 14-5-3 overall record. Valor Christian moves onto the state semifinals against No. 2 seed Monarch. In the other semifinal, No. 1 Regis Jesuit will play No. 13 seed Chaparral, which pulled off an 8-5 quarterfinal upset of No. 5 Steamboat Springs.
The state quarterfinals will be played Thursday at the Pepsi Center in Denver.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Arrest made in Basalt bottle case after cops stake out dumping ground
- Aspen icon ‘Benny the Blade’ found off bike path, hospitalized
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Ex-Aspen Valley Hospital nurse files federal complaint
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar