Aspen High hockey falls to Air Academy
December 13, 2014
Special teams ruled the ice Saturday in Aspen.
Visiting Air Academy High School scored on a power play late in the second period for the only goal in a 1-0 victory over Aspen at the Lewis Ice Arena.
The Kadets, more significantly, killed off extended Aspen power-play opportunities, including a 41/2-minute stretch in the second period and a 5-minute span in the third.
Anthony Ciolli broke the scoreless tie with 36.6 seconds to play in the second period, blasting a slap shot from the blue line.
The Skiers threatened with a barrage of early opportunities, including shots from Harry Ferguson, Ryan Fitzgerald and Trey Robinson.
But Kadets goalie Jason Stolz turned back all 18 Aspen shots on goal.
Recommended Stories For You
Evan Morris turned back 18 Air Academy shots, including a diving save midway through the final period, bringing the home fans to their feet.
Air Academy improved to 4-1. Aspen evened its record at 2-2.
The Skiers will host Cherry Creek on Friday and Regis Jesuit next Saturday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday