Aspen High boys tennis still unbeaten in duals
September 24, 2014
The Aspen High School boys tennis team is back on the courts.
After a week of experiential education, the Skiers hit the road for matches against Vail Mountain School and Steamboat Springs. The duals were played in Vail.
"Most players showed the rust from over a week of not playing tennis but we put together enough wins to stay undefeated in dual matches," Aspen head coach Gary Quandt said.
The Skiers won three three-set matches to dispatch Steamboat Springs 5-2.
Three-set winners included Dillon Leasure at No. 1 singles and Henry Godfrey and No. 2 singles.
Andy Vernier and Cooper Helm also won a three-setter at No. 2 doubles for the Skiers, who are perfect in dual matches this season.
Recommended Stories For You
The Skiers then took on Vail Mountain and won 6-1.
Three-set wins came from Godfrey at No. 2 singles and Keegan Mehall at No. 3 singles.
The No. 1 doubles team of Dylan Behr and Gordon Carr kept their undefeated streak alive with another win.
And the No. 3 doubles team of Will Reagan and David Mondry won in straight sets in both matches.
The Aspen High School boys tennis team will finish their regular season Saturday. The Skiers will host Alexander Dawson from Lafayette at the Aspen Golf and Tennis Club at 12:30 p.m.
Spectators are invited to watch the Skiers in their final home match of the year.
Aspen 5, Steamboat Springs 2
No. 1 singles: Dillon Leasure (A) def. Britt Walton (SS) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
No. 2 singles: Henry Godfrey (A) def. Troy De Jong (SS) 0-6, 6-4, 6-4
No. 3 singles: Charlie Smith (SS) def. Keegan Mehall (A) 6-1, 6-3
No. 1 doubles: Dylan Behr/Gordon Carr (A) def. Matt White/Joe Bergerding (SS) 6-4, 6-3
No. 2 doubles: Andy Vernier/Cooper Helm (A) def. Max Lynch/Nolan Connell (SS) 6-3, 3-6, 6-2
No. 3 doubles: Will Reagan/David Mondry (A) def. Jack Berder/Nick Mathews (SS) 6-1, 6-3
No. 4 doubles: Peter Wharton/Willie Gwynn (SS) def. Gage Carr/Victor Dunn (A) 6-2, 6-2
Aspen 6, Vail Mountain 1
No. 1 singles: Dillon Leasure (A) def. Jake Singleton (V) 6-0, 6-2
No. 2 singles: Henry Godfrey (A) def. Nick Boyne (V) 6-1, 1-6, 6-1
No. 3 singles: Keegan Mehall (A) def. Ty Michonski (V) 2-6, 6-1, 6-2
No. 1 doubles: Dylan Behr/Gordon Carr (A) def. Mark Phillopen/Nick Iskardovian 6-3, 6-2
No. 2 doubles: Chase Michosnski/ David Stern (V) def. Andy Vernier/Cooper Helm (A) 7-5, 7-5
No. 3 doubles: Will Reagan/David Mondry (A) def. trace Candridh/Taylor Peterson (V) 6-1, 6-0
No. 4 doubles: Gage Carr/Victor Dunn (A) def. Johnathon Cano/Kelby Daneson (V) 6-2, 6-1
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Preps: Fork beats AHS boys soccer, volleyball sweeps in Saturday action
- Aspen football cruises by Cedaredge in home opener, 48-12; Basalt also rolls
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- What’s the Big Deal: Nearly $11 million for Aspen condo