Aspen High boys golf goes 2 for 2 in season-opening tournaments
August 11, 2017
So far, so good for the Aspen High School boys golf team. Two tournaments into the fall season and the Skiers have two team titles to show for it.
Friday at Devil's Thumb Golf Club in Delta, which is where AHS will play its regional tournament, the Skiers shot 218 to win the Panther Invitational. Junior Dawson Holmes shot 68 to win the tournament, carding seven birdies and an eagle, according to assistant coach Don Buchholz.
Thursday in Cedaredge, Aspen won their season-opening tournament behind a 76 from Dom Lanese, who finished second in the tournament.
Alongside Holmes and Lanese, junior Colter Zwieg and seniors Carter Hall and Henry Ferguson also competed.
The Skiers next play Monday at Battlement Mesa before splitting up and going to two tournaments on Tuesday, one in Eagle-Vail and another in Denver.
For more on the team, click here.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Football power rankings going into Class 2A WSL play
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone