Aspen High baseball strikes out Grand Valley
April 17, 2002
The Aspen High baseball team topped Grand Valley 15-8 Tuesday in El Jebel.
Aspen used six different pitchers in an effort to try different players on the mound, and junior Nick Farrell, the regular centerfielder, got his first career win based on an inning of work in the third. Senior ace Eddie Monge worked the final inning for a save.
Aspen scored seven runs in its first at-bat and remained comfortably ahead throughout, coach Rick Ryan said.
Aspen’s Phil Salazar was 3-for-4 with three RBIs, Stephen White was 2-for-3 and Jeff Brence and Pete MacKellar both went 2-for-4.
Aspen improved to 4-9 on the season.
On Thursday, Aspen travels to Craig to face Moffat County. Then Saturday, Aspen hosts its first game of the season in Aspen – weather permitting, of course – against downvalley rival Roaring Fork in a double-header at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area