Aspen Gymnastics solid in home meet
October 13, 2017
Last weekend, Aspen Gymnastics held their home meet, inviting 12 teams from throughout the state. These teams competed in a USAG compulsory meet for levels 3-5. Aspen had a great showing with their level 4s starting off strong on Saturday morning.
The team topped the balance beam podium with Caitlin Johnson taking first place, Robin Muse second, Grace Garcia fourth and Lexi Munro fifth (in their respective age groups). Johnson was second on bars with Muse in third and Alika Bassi fourth. Claire Irvin took first on the floor exercise with Muse in second. Monica Sandoval placed sixth on the vault. Overall, the team placed second with its top three scores on each event added together.
Level 3s wrapped up the meet on Sunday morning with the largest session of the weekend with 60 kids.
Aspen's level 3s had a great showing in all events. Aspen's first event was vault. Elena Creamer tied for first with a score of 9.6 out of 10. Analicia Moreno tied for third and Elle Eggleston took fifth. Moving in Olympic order, Angelina Bradley took third on bars with 9.3 and Gigi Trani took fourth with a very close 9.25. Hailey Lapin had a beautiful second place beam routine.
All of the kids did very well placing in gold, silver and bronze categories. Devon Phillips, Blyth Bradshaw and Cerys Hembury all placed in the silver category with impressive scores. Aspen was third place overall for the team award.
—Aspen Gymnastics coach Corianne Lambert
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Birds of Prey ski races are officially a go in December at Beaver Creek
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Aspen skier, 2018 Olympian Wiley Maple healthy, ready for World Cup season
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- River Valley Ranch Golf in Carbondale gets new owner