Aspen High School girls basketball falls to Cedaredge in season opener on Thursday
November 30, 2017
The Aspen High School girls basketball team opened its season Thursday, Nov. 30, with a 52-8 loss to Cedaredge at the Cowboy Shootout in Meeker.
AHS (0-1) trailed 20-5 at halftime and was outscored 21-0 in the third quarter. Sophomore Climary Sanchez led the Skiers with six points. Sophomore Kat Goralka also had a basket.
Cedaredge (1-0) had two players in double digits, led by 11 points from Jade McGovern.
The three-day tournament continues Friday. Aspen will play at 4:30 p.m. in the consolation bracket.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Explosive Platte Valley too much for Basalt football in 2A quarterfinals
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million