Aspen High School girls basketball falls to Cedaredge in season opener on Thursday
November 30, 2017
The Aspen High School girls basketball team opened its season Thursday, Nov. 30, with a 52-8 loss to Cedaredge at the Cowboy Shootout in Meeker.
AHS (0-1) trailed 20-5 at halftime and was outscored 21-0 in the third quarter. Sophomore Climary Sanchez led the Skiers with six points. Sophomore Kat Goralka also had a basket.
Cedaredge (1-0) had two players in double digits, led by 11 points from Jade McGovern.
The three-day tournament continues Friday. Aspen will play at 4:30 p.m. in the consolation bracket.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Lindsey Vonn to finally start her injury-delayed ski season in Cortina
- With braces on both knees, Lindsey Vonn struggles in first race of season
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Aspen School District cancels classes for Friday after overnight snow