Aspen Cycling Club wraps up season today
September 3, 2013
The last dance.
The final race of the Aspen Cycling Club 2013 season will be held today in Snowmass.
Start time is 6 p.m. for the Rim Trail cross country mountain bike race.
"The race provides some of the most fun-filled singletrack race of the season," Aspen Cycling Club president Mike Maple said.
“If you like fast, buffed singletrack, this course rocks.”
Mike Maple, Aspen Cycling Club
Recommended Stories For You
Registration will be at the start/finish at the Snowmass Village Mall (Fanny Hill).
"Racers will head up Fanny Hill on the service road and make a right turn onto the Sleigh Ride Trail and ride it to Divide Road," Maple said. "After taking a right onto Divide Road, a fast road decent will take racers to a hard left turn onto the start of the Rim Trail."
That's where the real fun begins.
"Then, it's singletrack party time, heading up the main climb and across the roller-coaster that is Snowmass' premier single-track," Maple said.
The finish will be just above the Rodeo Grounds on the gravel path at Horse Ranch.
"If you like fast, buffed singletrack, this course rocks," Maple said.
Marshals are needed for today's final race of the season.
To volunteer, please email Mouse at email@example.com or call her at 618-4626.
The post-race party will be at 8K restaurant at the Viceroy hotel in Snowmass Village.
Today's mountain bike race also will be the final race of the season for the juniors.
"All area riders are encouraged to come out and race," Maple said. "Advance registration is not required. Racers can register and pay at the start."
Entry fees are $5 for ACC members and $10 for nonmembers. Thank you to our 2013 Sponsors!
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Colbert: What a wacky Monday
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says