Aspen counts down to Sochi
November 7, 2013
The countdown to Sochi and the 2014 Winter Olympics is marching on. Now, there are fewer than 100 days until the Olympics open on the Black Sea in Russia.
As part of the Olympic year, Aspen's local Nordic Olympic hopefuls will present a kickoff to the season with a special program from 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the Limelight Hotel in Aspen.
Aspen's Simi Hamilton, Noah Hoffman and Michael Ward will be on hand for the Countdown to Sochi in Aspen on Saturday.
Hamilton and Hoffman are Nordic ski racers. Ward is competing in Nordic combined with an eye on the U.S. Olympic Team.
The skiers will present a short film that they produced. There will be a silent auction, pizza and beer.
The silent auction will feature the latest U.S. Ski Team gear.
Recommended Stories For You
The public is invited to support the local athletes and talk about the upcoming World Cup season and the Olympic Games in Sochi.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border