Aspen counts down to Sochi
November 7, 2013
The countdown to Sochi and the 2014 Winter Olympics is marching on. Now, there are fewer than 100 days until the Olympics open on the Black Sea in Russia.
As part of the Olympic year, Aspen's local Nordic Olympic hopefuls will present a kickoff to the season with a special program from 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the Limelight Hotel in Aspen.
Aspen's Simi Hamilton, Noah Hoffman and Michael Ward will be on hand for the Countdown to Sochi in Aspen on Saturday.
Hamilton and Hoffman are Nordic ski racers. Ward is competing in Nordic combined with an eye on the U.S. Olympic Team.
The skiers will present a short film that they produced. There will be a silent auction, pizza and beer.
The silent auction will feature the latest U.S. Ski Team gear.
Recommended Stories For You
The public is invited to support the local athletes and talk about the upcoming World Cup season and the Olympic Games in Sochi.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova is a ‘very strong rival’ for Mikaela Shiffrin
- Aspen boys basketball beats Basalt to end losing streak; Longhorn girls win
- Freeskiing Open returns to Buttermilk venues beginning with Thursday quals
- AVSC’s Hanna Faulhaber making a name for herself after Revolution Tour win
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain