Aspen counts down to Sochi
November 7, 2013
The countdown to Sochi and the 2014 Winter Olympics is marching on. Now, there are fewer than 100 days until the Olympics open on the Black Sea in Russia.
As part of the Olympic year, Aspen's local Nordic Olympic hopefuls will present a kickoff to the season with a special program from 5-7 p.m. Saturday at the Limelight Hotel in Aspen.
Aspen's Simi Hamilton, Noah Hoffman and Michael Ward will be on hand for the Countdown to Sochi in Aspen on Saturday.
Hamilton and Hoffman are Nordic ski racers. Ward is competing in Nordic combined with an eye on the U.S. Olympic Team.
The skiers will present a short film that they produced. There will be a silent auction, pizza and beer.
The silent auction will feature the latest U.S. Ski Team gear.
Recommended Stories For You
The public is invited to support the local athletes and talk about the upcoming World Cup season and the Olympic Games in Sochi.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Birds of Prey ski races are officially a go in December at Beaver Creek
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day