Aspen boys tennis beats Dawson School, finishes season perfect in duals
September 29, 2017
The Aspen High School boys tennis team defeated Alexander Dawson School 4-3 on Thursday in Lafayette to stay undefeated in dual matches this season. The matchup featured two teams that finished in the top five of state in Class 4A last fall.
"It was one of the closest matches we have had in a long time and it was good to see the underclassmen play well," AHS assistant coach Steve Sands said.
The Skiers took the top two singles matches. No. 1 Dillon Leasure beat Riley Burridge, 6-4, 6-2, and No. 2 Alex Ilic beat Carter Holbrook, 7-6, 6-4. Dawson's Connor Larson beat Aspen's No. 3, Gabriel Suarez, 7-6, 7-6.
Aspen's wins at doubles came at No. 2 and No. 4. Christian Kelly and George Ghali won 7-5, 3-6, 6-4 at No. 2, while Bryce Cordts-Pearce and Lukee Tralins won 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 at No. 4.
Aspen ends the regular season a perfect 10-0 in dual matches. AHS even won the lone tournament it played in.
The Skiers head to the regional tournament in Grand Junction next week.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River