Aspen boys soccer crushes Eagle 7-0
October 2, 2002
Aspen soccer steamrolled Eagle Valley 7-0 Tuesday at the AHS field.
Nick Farrell and Scott Wooley had two goals apiece and Josh Lackey recorded the shutout in net as Aspen improved to an even .500 on the season. Aspen now stands at 3-3 in Class 3A Western Slope League play and 5-5 overall.
“They played nice soccer, fantastic through-balls and the finishing was there today,” said Grant “Junior” Sutherland, the Aspen coach along with John Gillies. “They played to win today and the focus was there.”
Aspen’s Reid Hansen, James Forester and Carlos Rojas also figured in the scoring parade Tuesday as Aspen took a 6-0 halftime lead and avenged their 4-3 loss to Eagle Valley on Sept. 10.
“If we beat Vail Mountain on Saturday, it’ll put us in good shape for the playoffs,” Sutherland said.
Aspen hosts Vail Mountain at 11 a.m. Saturday at the AHS field.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC’s Hanna Faulhaber making a name for herself after Revolution Tour win
- ‘Like an angel’: Mikaela Shiffrin inspired by cancer-surviving fan
- Slovakia’s Petra Vlhova is a ‘very strong rival’ for Mikaela Shiffrin
- Aspen boys basketball beats Basalt to end losing streak; Longhorn girls win
- Freeskiing Open returns to Buttermilk venues beginning with Thursday quals
- Father of snowboarder who died at Snowmass: ‘He was just one of those good guys’
- Pitkin County Democratic Party chair says he was assaulted while canvassing
- Jim Gaffigan: ‘Skiing was obviously a rich person’s idea’
- Issue committee formed to fight redevelopment of base of Aspen Mountain
- ‘Vasectomy zoning’ argument fails to sour Basalt council on project