Aspen boys soccer crushes Eagle 7-0
October 2, 2002
Aspen soccer steamrolled Eagle Valley 7-0 Tuesday at the AHS field.
Nick Farrell and Scott Wooley had two goals apiece and Josh Lackey recorded the shutout in net as Aspen improved to an even .500 on the season. Aspen now stands at 3-3 in Class 3A Western Slope League play and 5-5 overall.
“They played nice soccer, fantastic through-balls and the finishing was there today,” said Grant “Junior” Sutherland, the Aspen coach along with John Gillies. “They played to win today and the focus was there.”
Aspen’s Reid Hansen, James Forester and Carlos Rojas also figured in the scoring parade Tuesday as Aspen took a 6-0 halftime lead and avenged their 4-3 loss to Eagle Valley on Sept. 10.
“If we beat Vail Mountain on Saturday, it’ll put us in good shape for the playoffs,” Sutherland said.
Aspen hosts Vail Mountain at 11 a.m. Saturday at the AHS field.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)