Aspen boys soccer crushes Eagle 7-0
October 2, 2002
Aspen soccer steamrolled Eagle Valley 7-0 Tuesday at the AHS field.
Nick Farrell and Scott Wooley had two goals apiece and Josh Lackey recorded the shutout in net as Aspen improved to an even .500 on the season. Aspen now stands at 3-3 in Class 3A Western Slope League play and 5-5 overall.
“They played nice soccer, fantastic through-balls and the finishing was there today,” said Grant “Junior” Sutherland, the Aspen coach along with John Gillies. “They played to win today and the focus was there.”
Aspen’s Reid Hansen, James Forester and Carlos Rojas also figured in the scoring parade Tuesday as Aspen took a 6-0 halftime lead and avenged their 4-3 loss to Eagle Valley on Sept. 10.
“If we beat Vail Mountain on Saturday, it’ll put us in good shape for the playoffs,” Sutherland said.
Aspen hosts Vail Mountain at 11 a.m. Saturday at the AHS field.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west