Aspen boys golf team prepares for state meet
September 19, 2014
The Aspen High School boys golf team is experiencing education and golf in the same week.
When Aspen High School's experiential education week-long program was moved from the spring to the fall this year, the schedule created a challenge for the AHS boys golf team.
But the Skiers, their parents and teachers reached into the golf bag and pulled out an experiential education week that allowed the Aspen golfers to play in the Regional Championships on Monday in Durango — the first day of ex ed.
The Aspen boys won the regional title behind Trey Robinson's medalist round, earning a trip to the state tournament in Sterling in two weeks.
The Skiers left Durango and headed to San Diego to continue their ex-ed trip with forays into history, the environment and golf.
The Aspen High School boys golf team played famed Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego this week, all part of preparation for the State Championships and ex ed.
Recommended Stories For You
Robinson shot a 73 on Tuesday to win the individual regional title while Aspen won the team crown at Hillcrest Golf Club in Durango.
Will Hazen added a 78 for Aspen. Burke Daily shot an 88. And Davis Henschel shot a 90 for Aspen's winning score.
The foursome played an historic and education round Thursday at Torrey Pines.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border