Aspen boys basketball wins season opener, BHS splits at Delta
December 8, 2016
The Aspen High School boys basketball team opened its season Thursday with a 74-37 win over Soroco (0-3) in the first round of the Cowboy Shootout, hosted by Meeker.
Zack George led the Skiers with 16 points, while A.J. Detrick had 14.
Aspen (1-0) will play Meeker at 7:30 p.m. today in the tournament semifinal.
Also Thursday, the Basalt High School boys basketball team improved to 3-1 overall with a 64-53 win at Delta. The BHS girls lost 61-25 in their game against the Panthers.
The Longhorns host Vail Christian Saturday afternoon in their home opener. The girls game starts at 4:30 p.m., with the boys to follow.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Stirling Cup returns with 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Aspen’s affordable housing program faces budget shortfall