Aspen boys basketball opens season with 50-33 win over Soroco; play Rangely Friday
December 7, 2017
The Aspen High School boys basketball team opened its season Thursday with a 50-33 win over Soroco in the first round of the Cowboy Shootout in Meeker. The Skiers led 25-16 at halftime.
Senior Dillon Leasure led Aspen with 10 points, while junior Noah Hollander had nine.
Aspen (1-0) will next play Rangely at 4:30 p.m. Friday in Meeker.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Gents rugby rallies, holds off Dark ‘n Stormy Misfits to win Aspen Ruggerfest
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen boys golf wins regional title for 10th straight year; BHS takes second
- Aspen softball gets first win since 2009, beats Gunnison in shootout
- All involved show that Run Rabbit Run ultra race is bigger than themselves
- Parents demand change at Aspen School District, fill school board meeting
- Aspen man accused of killing pedestrian on Highway 82 makes initial appearance
- Glenwood Hot Springs to add new water attractions
- Aspen thief has tough road ahead, judge says
- Four fires burning in northwestern Colorado, including new one near Wyoming border