Aspen boys basketball opens season with 50-33 win over Soroco; play Rangely Friday
December 7, 2017
The Aspen High School boys basketball team opened its season Thursday with a 50-33 win over Soroco in the first round of the Cowboy Shootout in Meeker. The Skiers led 25-16 at halftime.
Senior Dillon Leasure led Aspen with 10 points, while junior Noah Hollander had nine.
Aspen (1-0) will next play Rangely at 4:30 p.m. Friday in Meeker.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Birds of Prey ski races are officially a go in December at Beaver Creek
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- River Valley Ranch Golf in Carbondale gets new owner