Aspen boys basketball beats Eagle Valley
December 6, 2014
The Aspen High School boys basketball team collected its first win of the season Saturday with a 45-32 victory over Eagle Valley.
The Skiers won their second game in the annual Brenda Patch Tournament in Carbondale.
"We got better tonight," Aspen head coach Rolf Schildman said. "It was a good team effort, much better than Friday night."
He said the Skiers set the tone for the game when senior Evan Patzoldt hit back-to-back 3-pointers to open the game.
"Our defense was really good tonight," Schildman said as the Skiers limited Eagle Valley (0-2) to only 10 first-half points.
The Skiers converted on the offensive end
Recommended Stories For You
"We got a lot more hustle baskets," Schildman said. "That was good to see."
Patzoldt led the Skiers (1-1) with 17 points.
Dominick Alcorta added nine points.
Jack Rosenthal contributed five points. Shane Ormond added four.
"Our rebounding was much better tonight, too. We had a better effort," Schildman said.
The Aspen boys will play at Hotchkiss on Thursday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Area high school students survive car crash into Maroon Creek
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen’s affordable housing authority looks at increasing user fees
- Vail employee allegedly slept with child prostitute in Glenwood Springs
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million