Aspen boys basketball beats Eagle Valley
December 6, 2014
The Aspen High School boys basketball team collected its first win of the season Saturday with a 45-32 victory over Eagle Valley.
The Skiers won their second game in the annual Brenda Patch Tournament in Carbondale.
"We got better tonight," Aspen head coach Rolf Schildman said. "It was a good team effort, much better than Friday night."
He said the Skiers set the tone for the game when senior Evan Patzoldt hit back-to-back 3-pointers to open the game.
"Our defense was really good tonight," Schildman said as the Skiers limited Eagle Valley (0-2) to only 10 first-half points.
The Skiers converted on the offensive end
Recommended Stories For You
"We got a lot more hustle baskets," Schildman said. "That was good to see."
Patzoldt led the Skiers (1-1) with 17 points.
Dominick Alcorta added nine points.
Jack Rosenthal contributed five points. Shane Ormond added four.
"Our rebounding was much better tonight, too. We had a better effort," Schildman said.
The Aspen boys will play at Hotchkiss on Thursday.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Football power rankings going into Class 2A WSL play
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman
- Lawsuit: Deteriorating Snowmass-area house plagued by landslide zone