Aspen, Basalt High volleyball teams win Tuesday, Oct. 16 over Vail, Rifle
October 16, 2018
AHS takes nonconference match at Vail
Aspen High's volleyball team won for the fourth time in five matches with a four-set victory Tuesday night at nonconference foe Vail Mountain.
After dropping the first set 25-15, the Skiers rolled through with three consecutive set wins (25-21, 25-18, 25-17) to improve to 14-5 overall.
The Skiers, who at 5-1 remain in the Western Slope title hunt, return to conference play Thursday when they host Grand Valley (8-9, 5-2).
Aspen then plays on the road at Cedaredge, which is second in the standings, next week before closing the season with home games against Roaring Fork then Moffat County (both teams are in the bottom half of the conference).
Basalt wins in four sets at Rifle
Recommended Stories For You
Basalt's volleyball team picked up its fourth win of the season with a four-set victory at Rifle in a nonconference game.
After losing a close one in the first set (26-24), Basalt rallied for wins of 25-17, 25-22 and 25-20.
The Longhorns (4-13 overall, 0-10 Western Slope) return to conference play Saturday against visiting Gunnison. Rifle drops to 1-19 overall.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- Business Monday: Tomcich has no reservations about career change