Aspen, Basalt High volleyball teams win Tuesday, Oct. 16 over Vail, Rifle
October 16, 2018
AHS takes nonconference match at Vail
Aspen High's volleyball team won for the fourth time in five matches with a four-set victory Tuesday night at nonconference foe Vail Mountain.
After dropping the first set 25-15, the Skiers rolled through with three consecutive set wins (25-21, 25-18, 25-17) to improve to 14-5 overall.
The Skiers, who at 5-1 remain in the Western Slope title hunt, return to conference play Thursday when they host Grand Valley (8-9, 5-2).
Aspen then plays on the road at Cedaredge, which is second in the standings, next week before closing the season with home games against Roaring Fork then Moffat County (both teams are in the bottom half of the conference).
Basalt wins in four sets at Rifle
Recommended Stories For You
Basalt's volleyball team picked up its fourth win of the season with a four-set victory at Rifle in a nonconference game.
After losing a close one in the first set (26-24), Basalt rallied for wins of 25-17, 25-22 and 25-20.
The Longhorns (4-13 overall, 0-10 Western Slope) return to conference play Saturday against visiting Gunnison. Rifle drops to 1-19 overall.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Olympians Jeremy Abbott and Ashley Wagner back for Aspen Ice Spectacular
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Willoughby: The split personality of Aspen Mountain’s Spar Gulch