Aspen, Basalt High School volleyball both sweep through Olathe on Saturday
October 21, 2017
The Aspen High School volleyball team earned a 3-0 sweep over Olathe on Saturday in its final home match of the regular season. Set scores were 25-9, 25-12 and 25-11.
Aspen improved to 12-4 overall. The Skiers are off until Saturday when they finish the regular season at a tournament hosted by Manitou Springs. As it stands, AHS should comfortably make the regional tournament the following week.
After playing Aspen on Saturday, Olathe then traveled downvalley to play Basalt High School, where the Longhorns also pulled out the sweep over the Pirates. Set scores were 28-26, 25-14 and 25-14.
Olathe fell to 4-14 overall with the two losses Saturday. Basalt improved to 9-9 overall. The Longhorns host Rifle on Tuesday in their final home match before closing out the regular season at a tournament hosted by Bennett High School on Saturday.
Basalt had an RPI of 48 prior to Saturday's win. Aspen was No. 23. The top 36 make the regional tournaments.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Aspen Mountain will open Saturday with 130 acres, top-to-bottom terrain