Aspen, Basalt High School volleyball both sweep through Olathe on Saturday
October 21, 2017
The Aspen High School volleyball team earned a 3-0 sweep over Olathe on Saturday in its final home match of the regular season. Set scores were 25-9, 25-12 and 25-11.
Aspen improved to 12-4 overall. The Skiers are off until Saturday when they finish the regular season at a tournament hosted by Manitou Springs. As it stands, AHS should comfortably make the regional tournament the following week.
After playing Aspen on Saturday, Olathe then traveled downvalley to play Basalt High School, where the Longhorns also pulled out the sweep over the Pirates. Set scores were 28-26, 25-14 and 25-14.
Olathe fell to 4-14 overall with the two losses Saturday. Basalt improved to 9-9 overall. The Longhorns host Rifle on Tuesday in their final home match before closing out the regular season at a tournament hosted by Bennett High School on Saturday.
Basalt had an RPI of 48 prior to Saturday's win. Aspen was No. 23. The top 36 make the regional tournaments.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- AVSC skier Kate Oldham named to U18 national team for Scando Cup in Estonia
- Lindsey Vonn takes few risks in first downhill training run since injury
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- Preps: Aspen hockey ties Resurrection; basketball swept at Grand Valley
- Chris Corning’s creativity leads to a World Cup slopestyle win in Switzerland
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Ex-biker entrepreneurs from Emma pitch their Kitty Kasas on Shark Tank Sunday