Aspen Junior Hockey’s Fall-Faceoff hockey tournament gets going this weekend
October 12, 2017
The 24th annual Fall-Faceoff hockey tournament got underway Thursday at Lewis Ice Arena. Over the next three weekends, 94 teams from seven states (Florida, California, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado) will compete in Aspen, beginning Friday morning.
The Aspen High School fall team played the Glenwood Midgets on Thursday to kick things off.
The first weekend includes high school/midget division, Bantam AA, Peewee AA and girls 19U AA teams.
The popular tournament is a major fundraiser for Aspen Junior Hockey. For more information, go to http://www.aspenjuniorhockey.com.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- A golden reunion: 1998 women’s Olympic hockey team reunites on the ice in Aspen
- Carbondale’s DeMoor, Crested Butte’s Kremer win Golden Leaf Half Marathon
- Mercier: Lance Armstrong’s Wedu FIFTY is back for its third year
- Aspen football wins big at Grand Valley; Basalt shuts down Paonia to reach 4-0
- Briefs: Basalt softball splits with Rifle, awaits Delta in key league games
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman