Aspen Junior Hockey’s Fall-Faceoff hockey tournament gets going this weekend
October 12, 2017
The 24th annual Fall-Faceoff hockey tournament got underway Thursday at Lewis Ice Arena. Over the next three weekends, 94 teams from seven states (Florida, California, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado) will compete in Aspen, beginning Friday morning.
The Aspen High School fall team played the Glenwood Midgets on Thursday to kick things off.
The first weekend includes high school/midget division, Bantam AA, Peewee AA and girls 19U AA teams.
The popular tournament is a major fundraiser for Aspen Junior Hockey. For more information, go to http://www.aspenjuniorhockey.com.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Austria’s Marcel Hirscher wins men’s World Cup slalom opener in Finland
- Shiffrin wins season-opening World Cup slalom by huge margin
- A family man now, Marcel Hirscher again favorite for World Cup crown
- Lindsey Vonn all set to charge after ski racing’s hallowed WC wins mark of 86
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire