AHS track posts solid results at Meeker meet
April 18, 2002
The Aspen High boys track team took fourth place at the Meeker Invitational Meet held last Saturday, behind Rangely, Hotchkiss and Meeker, in a field of 13 teams. Meanwhile, the AHS girls track team finished in eighth place.
1,600 meter run – junior Sean Braisted: 5 minutes, 16.32 seconds, second place. 4 x 800 meter relay – senior Jeff Anderson, Sean Braisted, junior Knute Gregory, freshman Andrew Preusch: 9:26.0, second place. High Jump – Knute Gregory: 5-feet-6, fourth place. Freshman Jacob Welsh: 5-feet-0. Junior Andy Trautner: 4-feet-10. Long Jump – Senior Weston Paas: 16-feet-7.25, seventh place. 800 meter run – Jeff Anderson: 2:08.7, fourth place. Sean Braisted: 2:17.28, fifth place. Junior David Rodman: 2:50.54. 200 meter dash – Jeff Anderson: 24.42, fifth place. Sophomore Will Otte: 25.3. Triple Jump – Weston Paas: 36-feet-3.5, third place. 4 x 400 relay – Jeff Anderson, Will Otte, freshman Jacob Welsh and Knute Gregory: 4.00.1, third place. 100 meter dash – Sophomore Aaron Parada: 13.1. 400 meter dash – Jacob Welsh: 63.0. Andy Trautner: 67.4. David Rodman: 67.89. Shot put – Aaron Parada: 32-feet-6. Andy Trautner: 30-feet-5. David Rodman: 29-feet-7.5. Junior Cotton Koehler: 21-feet-6. Discus – Will Otte: 99-feet-10. Aaron Parada: 95-feet-7.5. Andy Trautner: 90-feet-7. David Rodman: 75-feet-10.
800 medley relay – junior Katie Barabe, junior Kristen Zeller, sophomore Cori Hach, sophomore Erin Kiernan: 2:05.57, third place. High jump – Kristen Zeller: 4-feet-4, fifth place. Freshman Margaret Paas: 4-feet-2. 100 meter dash – Katie Barabe: 13.88, seventh place. Jeri Gerbaz: 16.16. 1,600 meter run – Sophomore Aime Schwartz: 6:40.23, sixth place. Freshman Kourtni Keller: 6:41.0, seventh place. Senior Stella Nordhagen: 7.07.0. 300 meter hurdles – Cori Hach: 55.11, sixth place. 800 meter run – Erin Kiernan: 2:43.66, third place. Kourtni Keller: 3:08. Stella Nordhagen: 3:15. 200 meter dash – Katie Barabe: 30.52, sixth place. Margaret Paas: 32.88. 3,200 meter run – Erin Kiernan: 14:07.61, first place. 4 x 400 relay – Erin Kiernan, Stella Nordhagen, Cori Hach, Aime Schwartz: 5:06.55, fifth place. Shot put – Jeri Gerbaz: 22-feet-5. Katie Barabe: 22-feet-3.5. Discus – Jeri Gerbaz: 74-feet-.5.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- X Games returns to Aspen this week with new medals, new snowboarding event
- Mikaela Shiffrin wins Cortina super-G, her third win in discipline this season
- ‘Time to listen to my body’: Lindsey Vonn may be in too much pain to continue on
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Welcome to the craziness that is X Games week
- Mikaela Shiffrin shows she’s ready to take over from idol Lindsey Vonn
- Roaring Fork Valley man killed in Express Creek avalanche near Aspen
- Video: Moose chases skiers at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Arin Trook of Aspen ID’d as skier who died in Monday avalanche near Ashcroft
- Business Monday: Wrecking ball coming to Boogie’s Building in downtown Aspen
- Vail resident ID’d as second skier killed in Taos inbounds avalanche