Aspen High girls Alpine ski team wins at Beaver Creek, boys finish in second
February 12, 2018
The Aspen High School Alpine ski team continued its march toward the state meet with another strong showing on Thursday at Beaver Creek.
The AHS girls kept on winning, holding off second place Battle Mountain for the team title. The Skiers had four girls in the top nine, led by a first-place finish from freshman Edie Sherlock. Levyn Thomas was third, Tate Randel fifth and Annika Nickols ninth.
The AHS boys finished second as a team to Vail Mountain. VMS took the top three spots, led by another win from senior Michael Resnick. After that, it was all Skiers. AHS owned every placing from fourth to ninth, with freshman Noah Forman leading the pack in fourth.
The rest included Reed Beidleman in fifth, J.P. Simpson in sixth, Alex Ilic in seventh, Heath Colon in eighth, and Jake Bassi in ninth.
Aspen has one final regular-season meet. Friday's trip to Loveland is a make up from the season opener that was canceled because of snow.
The state skiing championships, which includes Nordic, is scheduled for Feb. 22-23 and will be hosted by Lake County High School at Ski Cooper and the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Georgia on my mind: Aspen locals to give presentation on their ski trip
- Aspen’s Hollander, Basalt threesome named first team all-state in football
- Salt Lake City gets go-ahead over Denver to bid for Winter Olympics
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area to host an unprecedented skimo event
- Preps Dec. 14: Basalt girls basketball gets first win of season, beats Rifle
- Glenn K. Beaton: Psychosexual dysfunction and pickup trucks
- Sting, John Mayer to headline Jazz Aspen Labor Day Experience
- Aspen Skiing Co. provides details on future of Gent’s Ridge, Bell Mountain lifts and on-mountain huts
- Cops defend traffic response to snowstorm during Aspen rush hour
- Snowmass celebrates opening of Base Village, Limelight: ‘It’s a whole new world’