Aspen High girls Alpine ski team wins at Beaver Creek, boys finish in second
February 12, 2018
The Aspen High School Alpine ski team continued its march toward the state meet with another strong showing on Thursday at Beaver Creek.
The AHS girls kept on winning, holding off second place Battle Mountain for the team title. The Skiers had four girls in the top nine, led by a first-place finish from freshman Edie Sherlock. Levyn Thomas was third, Tate Randel fifth and Annika Nickols ninth.
The AHS boys finished second as a team to Vail Mountain. VMS took the top three spots, led by another win from senior Michael Resnick. After that, it was all Skiers. AHS owned every placing from fourth to ninth, with freshman Noah Forman leading the pack in fourth.
The rest included Reed Beidleman in fifth, J.P. Simpson in sixth, Alex Ilic in seventh, Heath Colon in eighth, and Jake Bassi in ninth.
Aspen has one final regular-season meet. Friday's trip to Loveland is a make up from the season opener that was canceled because of snow.
The state skiing championships, which includes Nordic, is scheduled for Feb. 22-23 and will be hosted by Lake County High School at Ski Cooper and the Tennessee Pass Nordic Center.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Aspen High football team looks ahead to 2018 fall season after spring camp
- Colbert: The majesty of the Maroon Bells
- Aspen Cycling Club results: Frying Pan road race from June 20, 2018
- Aspen Swim Club dominates home meet, heads to Grand Junction this weekend
- Alex Schrempf to take over Aspen High boys basketball
- Glenn K. Beaton: We will not worship the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Aspen Skiing Co. opens $10 million Lost Forest adventure center at Snowmass
- Fire near Glenwood moving to mop-up operations
- Mountain bike association pays the price to clear trails from Aspen to New Castle
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs