A golden time for runners
September 13, 2007
ASPEN ” The race is on in Aspen.
Runners from across the .United States will descend upon Aspen on Sept. 22 to participate in the 28th annual Vasque Golden Leaf Half Marathon.
Chosen by Trail Runner Magazine as one of “America’s 14 most scenic races,” the Golden Leaf will be held amidst the changing fall colors.
The course traverses the mountains of Snowmass and Aspen. The trail can be narrow and steep at times with elevation gains of 970 feet, peaking at 9,400 feet. Unlike the many fast and flat marathons on city streets, the Vasque Golden Leaf will challenge even the toughest of marathon competitors with its rocky mountain trails, race organizers say.
The race begins at 8 a.m. Event registration is available online at http://www.active.com or by contacting the Ute Mountaineer at http://www.utemountaineer.com, or 925-2849. Pre-registration costs $35.
Trending In: Sports & Outdoors
- Three Aspen High School golfers among those recognized on national signing day
- Aspen swimmer Davy Brown announces commitment to Colorado Mesa in GJ
- Colbert’s Prep Playbook: Saying goodbye to the fall high school sports season
- Bodhi Yang, the 12-year-old NEPSA winner, is fighting climate change
- Calgary vote shakes up 2026, 2030 Winter Olympic bid game again
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Juvenile who shot, killed dog near Carbondale sentenced two years in youth division