So, when’s it going to snow again? | AspenTimes.com
YOUR AD HERE »

So, when’s it going to snow again?

Aspen Times Staff Report
Aspen, CO Colorado

ASPEN ” Mother Nature whetted local appetites for snow with a weekend dumping that deposited more than 2 feet on local slopes, but Aspenites probably won’t need to pull out their powder skis again soon.

Snow is, however, in the forecast ” it’s just not the kind one will need to measure with a yard stick, according to the National Weather Service in Grand Junction.

The forecast for the Elk Mountains surrounding Aspen/Snowmass calls for mostly cloudy skies and lows of 5 to 15 Monday night, with northwest winds of 10 to 15 mph.



Party sunny skies and highs of 25 to 35 are forecast Tuesday in Aspen, but Tuesday night brings a 20 percent chance of snow, according to the weather service. Wednesday’s forecast calls for mostly cloudy skies and a 30 percent chance of snow, with highs in the 30s. The chance for snow jumps to 50 percent Wednesday night, and 40 percent on Thursday, with highs of 25 to 35.

A chance of snow is also in the forecast on Friday and into the weekend, the weather service said.


Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Aspen and Snowmass Village make the Aspen Times’ work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


News


See more