Volunteers rerouting Rim Trail on Sept. 7
September 12, 2013
One of Snowmass Village's most popular trails is getting some attention this weekend.
Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers will work on the steepest and most eroded section of the Rim Trail on Sept. 7, completing a reroute that was started earlier this summer by the Youth Corps.
The nonprofit is enlisting volunteers for the workday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with dinner and beverages at the completion of the project.
The goal is to perform the finishing details of the reroute, including widening and improving drainage, closing the old trail by installing check dams to minimize erosion and bringing in slash and duff to facilitate revegetation.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Former Aspen ski patroller tells first responders how trauma-filled career led to rock bottom
- Aspen airport announces expanded service this spring
- Jazz Aspen Snowmass close to buying building home to Eric’s, Su Casa and other tenants
- Stop Sucking: A grassroots movement to eliminate plastic starts at the bar
- New signs to be installed at Woody Creek intersection at Highway 82