Volunteers rerouting Rim Trail on Sept. 7
September 12, 2013
One of Snowmass Village's most popular trails is getting some attention this weekend.
Roaring Fork Outdoor Volunteers will work on the steepest and most eroded section of the Rim Trail on Sept. 7, completing a reroute that was started earlier this summer by the Youth Corps.
The nonprofit is enlisting volunteers for the workday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., with dinner and beverages at the completion of the project.
The goal is to perform the finishing details of the reroute, including widening and improving drainage, closing the old trail by installing check dams to minimize erosion and bringing in slash and duff to facilitate revegetation.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Felony charges filed against Aspen teen who crashed Tesla into river, injured passengers
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7