Viceroy Snowmass to close for $3.5 million remodel
September 19, 2017
The Viceroy Snowmass will close Oct. 9 until Dec. 15 to undergo more than $3.5 million in renovations .
Snowmass Base Village, which acquired the Viceroy as part of its December 2016 purchase from Related Cos., is investing in the hotel "to keep the property current with luxury hospitality trends and to ensure its continued status as Snowmass' premier hotel," according to a statement from the developers.
Upgrades will occur throughout public areas of the hotel, such as the lobby and a "remodeled and reconcepted" restaurant from Richard Sandoval. Sandoval's restaurant group operates Venga Venga Cantina and Tequila bar on the Snowmass Mall.
The renovated Viceroy also will include a new coffee shop, named Café V, as well as a new fitness center with state-of-the-art work out equipment and extensive natural light.
These changes will be complete prior to the 2017-18 ski season. Next spring, the hotel intends to upgrade its pool area, including adding two new oversized hot tubs and the reopening of Nest as a vibrant new poolside meets slope-side bar and outdoor dining experience.
The developers said they would release further details over the next few months.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)