Viceroy adding hot-dog, oyster options to dining
November 19, 2013
Viceroy Snowmass is launching a slopeside hot-dog bar, an oyster bar and a series of wine dinners this ski season.
The hot-dog bar, which will be at the Nest restaurant, was inspired by Louisiana's hot-dog carts and stands that executive chef Will Nolan saw while traveling home earlier this summer, according to a statement. It will offer sausages, hot dogs and toppings served on home-baked buns.
Nolan also is launching the oyster bar in the Viceroy's Eight K restaurant, which will serve the East Coast and West Coast oysters on the half shell or shooter-style.
Eight K also will host some of the leading winemakers from California's Napa Valley and Sonoma Valley in a series of wine dinners. Menus for a given dinner will be released a few weeks prior to the event, and tickets typically will start at $150 per person for four courses including wine pairings. The following wineries will be featured:
Dec. 11: Salvestrin Winery, St. Helena, Napa Valley.
Jan. 15: Trefethen Family Vineyards, Napa Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Jan. 22: Benovia Wines, Russian River Valley, Sonoma.
Feb. 4: Sky Saddle Cellars, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma.
Feb. 25: Rudd Wines, Oakville, Napa Valley.
March 2: Spire Collection Wines from Napa Valley.
March 13: Opus One, Napa Valley (its first-ever winter wine dinner in Aspen/Snowmass).
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe to play Bud Light Hi-Fi Concert in Snowmass Dec. 15
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Historic Redstone Castle comes back to life along the Crystal River