December 12, 2013
Under bluebird Colorado skies, Aspen skier Charlie Lasser and Breckenridge snowboarder Steve Lauder took first place at Thanksjibbing in Snowmass Base Village. The invite-only rail jam on Nov. 29 consisted of a 40-minute jam session followed by a 10-minute final with both skiers and snowboarders. The Aspen/Snowmass terrain park crew created rails and other features, leaving the athletes endless opportunities to jib.
Plenty of fun and excitement filled Base Village throughout the afternoon with kids' activities, a bouncy castle, turkey bowling, a restaurant-leftover challenge and DJ Ronnie keeping the crowd excited while spinning the latest tunes. Turkey bowling generated many donations for Lift Up in both nonperishable food items and donations.
A prize purse of $1,000 was awarded as well as a $50 gift certificate to Four-Mountain Sports D&E for best trick. Aidan Sheahan, of Carbondale, took best trick for skiing and John Hemminger, of Aspen, won the prize for snowboarding.
First: Charlie Lasser, Aspen, $300
Second: Aidan Sheahan, Carbondale, $150
Recommended Stories For You
Third: Matt Walker, Aspen, $50
First: Steve Lauder, Breckenridge, $300
Second: John Hemminger, Aspen, $150
Third: Connor Mark, Minneapolis, $50
Trending In: Snowmass
- Skier rescued from Aspen Mountain sidecountry
- Storm brings heavy snow to Aspen, Snowmass area; avalanche warnings issued Friday
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Trap-kill may be only option for West Glenwood mountain lions (video)
- Friends support local furloughed Forest Service worker whose son was born with cystic fibrosis