Snowmass Village has more properties under contract than does Aspen
March 6, 2018
Snowmass Village had bragging rights in the local real estate arena by having more residential properties under contract than Aspen. Broker Andrew Ernemann reported the finding at the Aspen Chamber Resort Association's monthly board of directors meeting Feb. 27.
"Snowmass Village, for the first time I've seen, has more properties under contract than in Aspen," said Ernemann, referring to single-family homes, condos and land. Fractionals and commercial properties were not included in his analysis.
Ernemann attributed the uptick to the recent new ownership of Base Village by East West Partners, Aspen Skiing Co. and KSL Capital Partners, as well as the relisting of units at the Viceroy, the Limelight hotel project and the new Lumin Residences.
Snowmass had more properties under contract as of Feb. 27 — 34 to Aspen's 31.
Even so, Ernemann later noted that the value of the Snowmass properties under contract was $69.9 million, well below the $149.1 million in real estate under contract in Aspen.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Glenn K. Beaton: We will not worship the Colorado Civil Rights Commission
- Aspen Skiing Co. opens $10 million Lost Forest adventure center at Snowmass
- Fire near Glenwood moving to mop-up operations
- Mountain bike association pays the price to clear trails from Aspen to New Castle
- Fire forcing evacuations in part of Oak Meadows outside Glenwood Springs