Snowmass tops Aspen-area resorts in SKI Magazine poll
September 24, 2013
Three of Aspen Skiing Co.'s four ski areas were ranked in the annual "Best Ski Resorts in the West" list as derived from a readers' poll by Ski magazine.
The poll, released Sept. 18, ranked Snowmass at No. 9 and Aspen Mountain at No. 13. Aspen Highlands ranked 20th.
On Snowmass, one reader said, "The single best combination of snow, terrain and village I have ever experienced."
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming captured the top ranking. Deer Valley, Utah, was No. 2, and Vail took third-place honors.
Other Colorado resorts in the top 10 were Telluride (No. 7) and Steamboat (No. 9).
The rankings are based on snow, lifts, dining and service.
Recommended Stories For You
Last year, Jackson Hole finished No. 6, while Whistler, British Columbia, earned top honors.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Sky Mountain Park trails closed this week for elk hunting
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- What’s the Big Deal: Snowmass condo sale nears $3.8 million