Snowmass tops Aspen-area resorts in SKI Magazine poll
September 24, 2013
Three of Aspen Skiing Co.'s four ski areas were ranked in the annual "Best Ski Resorts in the West" list as derived from a readers' poll by Ski magazine.
The poll, released Sept. 18, ranked Snowmass at No. 9 and Aspen Mountain at No. 13. Aspen Highlands ranked 20th.
On Snowmass, one reader said, "The single best combination of snow, terrain and village I have ever experienced."
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Wyoming captured the top ranking. Deer Valley, Utah, was No. 2, and Vail took third-place honors.
Other Colorado resorts in the top 10 were Telluride (No. 7) and Steamboat (No. 9).
The rankings are based on snow, lifts, dining and service.
Recommended Stories For You
Last year, Jackson Hole finished No. 6, while Whistler, British Columbia, earned top honors.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Marolt: The data is in — women are better than men
- Stop polluting our water, Aspen and Snowmass
- Marolt: The diamond reflecting light from a different angle
- Snowmass history: Sculpture contest winner catches some rays
- Local chef Martin Oswald plans Snowmass restaurant debut with unique concept in Base Village
- Aspen-area men die in backcountry avalanche near Crested Butte
- Aspen-area has suffered the brunt of Colorado’s fatal avalanches this year
- Aspen man charged in political official assault
- What’s the Big Deal: $6.8 million for luxury cabin outside of Aspen
- Monday Business Briefs: Little Nell and Steakhouse No. 316 get props; Aspen estate bound for auction