Snowmass OKs plans for building in Base Village
August 28, 2013
For the first time in four years, some significant construction is in store in Base Village.
The Snowmass Village Town Council on Monday approved on second reading a minor planned-unit-development amendment for Building 13B, the second phase of the Viceroy Snowmass, pending securities for certain public improvements. Construction will begin on 13B next spring, and the developer will start some associated deep utility work this fall.
During the Aug. 12 meeting, the officials and the applicant, Related Cos. affiliate Snowmass Acquisition Co., agreed that the owners would update subdivision-improvement agreements for the utility work on Brush Creek Road, provide a bond by Oct. 15 to restore the existing road conditions there if the work is not complete and post some form of security for the cost of lowering the utility lines should the Base Village project stall again. The lines need to be at 8 feet, but the developer plans to install them at 4 feet this fall because plans for a roundabout at Wood and Brush Creek roads call for raising the ground level.
The applicant requested that the security for the utilities be in some other form than a cash bond. Town planners and Dresser are working with Snowmass Acquisition on the exact form, but it is a condition of the record of decision for the construction-management plan, Dresser said. If either the town employees or the applicants aren't satisfied, they can come back to the council, he said.
The ordinance passed, 4-0. Councilman Chris Jacobson was absent.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- Bankruptcy part of school district’s check into HR director