Snowmass Mountain opens more than 90 percent terrain
December 28, 2016
Christmas arrived early this year for Snowmass skiers and snowboarders.
After an overnight snowstorm Dec. 22 delivered several inches of fresh snow on the slopes, the open terrain on Snowmass Mountain jumped from 63 percent on Dec. 22 to 88 percent on Dec. 23.
Aspen Skiing Co. opened more runs over the weekend on Snowmass ski area, with 91.5 percent open terrain as of Tuesday afternoon.
This includes all of Snowmass' beginner terrain, 97 percent intermediate terrain, 93 percent advanced terrain and 76 percent expert terrain.
As of Tuesday, Snowmass Mountain offered 3,095 open acres out of its total 3,367.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmaking starts at Aspen Snowmass and natural snow accumulates at mountaintops
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Father of man accused of starting Lake Christine Fire asks for trial in trespass case
- Man’s theft spree in Aspen includes roll of fake grass, Prada items
- Final Stranahan donation sterilizes upper Lenado
- Micro-housing and free market river cabins part of new proposal for Basalt’s Pan and Fork