Snowmass Mountain opens more than 90 percent terrain
December 28, 2016
Christmas arrived early this year for Snowmass skiers and snowboarders.
After an overnight snowstorm Dec. 22 delivered several inches of fresh snow on the slopes, the open terrain on Snowmass Mountain jumped from 63 percent on Dec. 22 to 88 percent on Dec. 23.
Aspen Skiing Co. opened more runs over the weekend on Snowmass ski area, with 91.5 percent open terrain as of Tuesday afternoon.
This includes all of Snowmass' beginner terrain, 97 percent intermediate terrain, 93 percent advanced terrain and 76 percent expert terrain.
As of Tuesday, Snowmass Mountain offered 3,095 open acres out of its total 3,367.
Trending In: Snowmass
- After 40+ years with Skico, Steve Sewell retires from Snowmass Ski Area helm
- Co-working spaces, powered by the “Proximity” app, coming to Snowmass Mall and Basalt
- First female mountain manager at Aspen Skiing Co. Susan Cross takes over in Snowmass
- Snowmass history: The debut of Gwyn’s before it was Gwyn’s
- Marolt: Skiing efficiently at 1.5 gallons per day
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified