Snowmass Mountain opens more than 90 percent terrain
December 28, 2016
Christmas arrived early this year for Snowmass skiers and snowboarders.
After an overnight snowstorm Dec. 22 delivered several inches of fresh snow on the slopes, the open terrain on Snowmass Mountain jumped from 63 percent on Dec. 22 to 88 percent on Dec. 23.
Aspen Skiing Co. opened more runs over the weekend on Snowmass ski area, with 91.5 percent open terrain as of Tuesday afternoon.
This includes all of Snowmass' beginner terrain, 97 percent intermediate terrain, 93 percent advanced terrain and 76 percent expert terrain.
As of Tuesday, Snowmass Mountain offered 3,095 open acres out of its total 3,367.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Parents petition for Aspen School District superintendent’s removal
- Aspen’s $20,000 bike lockers gain no traction with commuters
- Denver woman tied to escort service sought in Aspen fraud case
- Marijuana venture goes up in smoke, $5 million dispute lands in Aspen court
- SKI Magazine names Aspen-Snowmass inaugural ‘resort of the year’ in west