Snowmass history: “S’mass Oktoberfest”
September 26, 2017
"Oktoberfest Weekend in Snowmass Village will begin Friday, Sept. 20, with a benefit Snowmass Repertory Theatre presentation of Patrick Meyer's K2, followed by dinner and musical entertainment at the Timber Mill," The Aspen Times reported in a September 1985 edition. "Proceeds from the weekend will benefit the Snowmass Chapel and Community Center, a combined effort of the Snowmass Interfaith Chapel and the Snowmass Village Community fund."
In addition to the movie and dinner, a "Kinder Parade," led by the previous year's Munchner Kindl, puppet and magic shows, along with a 12-piece Bavarian oompah-pah band and folk dancers provided a continuous lineup of entertainment. Booths provided Bavarian food, drinks and games throughout the mall for a truly fall festival.
Trending In: Snowmass
- After 40+ years with Skico, Steve Sewell retires from Snowmass Ski Area helm
- Co-working spaces, powered by the “Proximity” app, coming to Snowmass Mall and Basalt
- First female mountain manager at Aspen Skiing Co. Susan Cross takes over in Snowmass
- Snowmass history: The debut of Gwyn’s before it was Gwyn’s
- Marolt: Skiing efficiently at 1.5 gallons per day
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified