Snowmass history: “S’mass Oktoberfest”
September 26, 2017
"Oktoberfest Weekend in Snowmass Village will begin Friday, Sept. 20, with a benefit Snowmass Repertory Theatre presentation of Patrick Meyer's K2, followed by dinner and musical entertainment at the Timber Mill," The Aspen Times reported in a September 1985 edition. "Proceeds from the weekend will benefit the Snowmass Chapel and Community Center, a combined effort of the Snowmass Interfaith Chapel and the Snowmass Village Community fund."
In addition to the movie and dinner, a "Kinder Parade," led by the previous year's Munchner Kindl, puppet and magic shows, along with a 12-piece Bavarian oompah-pah band and folk dancers provided a continuous lineup of entertainment. Booths provided Bavarian food, drinks and games throughout the mall for a truly fall festival.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Snowmass Village pioneer, icon Dick Moebius celebrates 90
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Snowmaking starts at Aspen Snowmass and natural snow accumulates at mountaintops
- Aspen Skiing Co. embraces uphilling, but says safe travel must improve
- Unsealed documents reveal more alleged rape cases in Aspen area
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Aspen superintendent supporters urge board to not placate parents
- What’s the Big Deal: Red Mountain property fetches $14.675 million