Snowmass history: “S’mass Oktoberfest”
September 26, 2017
"Oktoberfest Weekend in Snowmass Village will begin Friday, Sept. 20, with a benefit Snowmass Repertory Theatre presentation of Patrick Meyer's K2, followed by dinner and musical entertainment at the Timber Mill," The Aspen Times reported in a September 1985 edition. "Proceeds from the weekend will benefit the Snowmass Chapel and Community Center, a combined effort of the Snowmass Interfaith Chapel and the Snowmass Village Community fund."
In addition to the movie and dinner, a "Kinder Parade," led by the previous year's Munchner Kindl, puppet and magic shows, along with a 12-piece Bavarian oompah-pah band and folk dancers provided a continuous lineup of entertainment. Booths provided Bavarian food, drinks and games throughout the mall for a truly fall festival.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Contractor spills 1,300 gallons of jet fuel at Aspen airport
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman