Snowmass history: Nordic championships of 1986
March 6, 2018
"The Rocky Mountain Division Championships, a four-day series of cross-country races sponsored by Alpine Banks, will be held at the Snowmass club Touring Center in Snowmass Village, March 6-9. Close to 400 competitors are expected to compete in the various events, according to Toby Morse, Director of the Snowmass Club Touring Center," a 1986 article from The Aspen Times announced.
"'This is a first for a four-day series of championship events,' said Morse. 'It is setting a standard for future RMD Championships.' Morse said the Snowmass races are the last qualifier races before the National Championships. At the awards ceremony, the representatives for the Rocky Mountain Division and the Junior Olympic and Senior National Teams at the Nationals in Reno, Nevada will be announced."
Trending In: Snowmass
- Tenants above fitness studio file lawsuit over noise
- City of Aspen warns motorists of major delays over bridge beginning April 2
- Aspen Skiing Co. says extended skiing is unlikely this season
- Pitkin County’s jail director now free as a bird after 27 years
- Copper Mountain launches REI ‘Four Pack’ ski option for 2018-19 season