Snowmass candidate forum set for Oct. 16
October 14, 2014
Aspen Journalism, in collaboration with Aspen Public Radio, Aspen Daily News and the Snowmass Sun, is sponsoring a candidates' forum on Oct. 16 in Snowmass Village Town Council chambers.
The forum begins at 5:30 p.m., and all six candidates for Snowmass Village mayor and Town Council are expected to attend. Aspen Journalism's Brent Gardner-Smith and Madeleine Osberger will moderate. The community is invited and encouraged to attend the event; light refreshments will be served.
Aspen Public Radio will air a one-hour forum wrap-up on Oct. 17. In addition, the program will be taped by Granicus, thanks to a sponsorship from part-time resident Mel Blumenthal.
Founded in January 2011, Aspen Journalism is an independent news organization covering Aspen, Pitkin County, the Roaring Fork River watershed and western Colorado. Aspen Journalism (aspenjournalism.org), which is supported by more than 40 individuals, organizations and foundations, collaborates with local and regional media organizations on projects and stories.
For more information, contact Madeleine Osberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Snowmass Town Council motions to raise age to purchase tobacco products to 21
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen Mountain opens for the season with 180 acres of skiable terrain
- Former Aspenite Devon Meyers and family lose home in Malibu fire
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts to begin June 11