Snowmass calls for applications for vacant council seat
November 18, 2014
The town of Snowmass Village opened an application process on Nov. 18 to fill the fifth seat on Town Council. The vacancy was created when Markey Butler assumed the mayoral position on Nov. 17, which she was elected to earlier this month.
During its regular meeting Nov. 17, the Town Council approved an open application process to take place through Nov. 26. Council candidates will be interviewed publicly during the Dec. 1 regular meeting, which will start at 3 p.m. The appointment is planned for the Dec. 8 Town Council meeting.
"This is an incredible opportunity for engaged and active Snowmass citizens to apply for a council seat," Butler said. "We expect this open and inclusive community process will present our council with a great applicant pool. We look forward to seeing who throws their hat into the ring."
Per the Town's Home Rule Charter, to qualify, council members must be a citizen of the United States, a registered voter in the town of Snowmass Village and shall have resided in the town for at least one year.
Interested applications can receive an application in two ways:
Online at http://www.tosv.com/councilapplication
Recommended Stories For You
In person at the Clerk's Office in Snowmass Village Town Hall, at 130 Kearns Road.
Submissions are accepted electronically (using the online application), in person at the Clerk's Office or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by 11 a.m. on Nov. 26.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Service restored after area-wide outage drops Roaring Fork Valley internet, some cell service
- Decades after Aspen-bound plane crash, surviving brothers reckon with trauma in documentary ‘3 Days 2 Nights’
- Glenn K. Beaton: The 2020 Dem spectacle: Spartacus and the Native American
- Man pleads guilty to killing Vail Valley woman
- Business Monday: Clock ticks for Aspen retailers on 420 E. Hyman