Snowmass 50th anniversary weekend schedule of events
December 5, 2017
Christmas is coming early this year for Snowmass Village, with three full days of celebration in honor of the ski area's 50th anniversary. Below is a rundown of the weekend's events; some are free and others require a ticket. Visit http://www.aspensnowmass.com/while-you-are-here/events/snowmass-50th- anniversary for more.
Friday, Dec. 15
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Apres Ski Party at Base Village featuring live music from DJ GeoDecibel. Face painting and balloon animals in the "kids zone."
5 to 9 p.m.: Retro Party at Elk Camp Restaurant, retro ski fashion encouraged while feasting on 50 years of the finest mountain cuisine.
9 p.m.: Fireworks over Fanny Hill
Saturday, Dec. 16:
Recommended Stories For You
10 a.m.: Banana Days kicks off
12 to 4 p.m.: Apres at Base Village featuring live music from DJ Benny. Face painting and balloon animals in the "kids zone."
5:30: Golden gala at The Viceroy
Sunday, Dec. 17:
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Cabin Jump and Rail Jam. Community picnic at the Spider Sabich Picnic and Race Area
Trending In: Snowmass
- Co-working spaces, powered by the “Proximity” app, coming to Snowmass Mall and Basalt
- After 40+ years with Skico, Steve Sewell retires from Snowmass Ski Area helm
- Snowmass history: The debut of Gwyn’s before it was Gwyn’s
- First female mountain manager at Aspen Skiing Co. Susan Cross takes over in Snowmass
- Marolt: Life’s been good to us so far
- Man arrested for alleged sexual contact in Aspen bar
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Aspen police: State agency assisting in investigation of former Aspen Skiing Co. director
- Backcountry skier killed on Quandary Peak south of Breckenridge
- Business Monday: Aspen native takes second-home experience to Los Cabos