Preview the new Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard clubhouse
September 29, 2014
Aspen Valley Ski and Snowboard Club and Forum Phi Architecture, Interiors and Planning will host an AVSC Clubhouse Sneak Peek from 5-8 p.m. on Sept. 26 at the Limelight Hotel in Aspen.
"It's exciting to get the 77th season of AVSC under way," said Beth Hansen, AVSC special events director. "Our program keeps growing and we need an updated, reorganized administrative office to keep pace. 'Sneak Peek' is going to be a great chance for parents and volunteers to see the new remodel planned for next spring, reconnect for this season and visit old friends."
Forum Phi, an innovative Aspen-based architecture, interiors and planning firm, is hosting the benefit with 100 percent of the proceeds benefitting the AVSC scholarship program. One in three athletes receive some kind of financial aid, with the total scholarship fund approaching $1 million.
"Many of us volunteer for AVSC because of a ski club somewhere," said Christopher May, Forum Phi partner. "Scholarships are a key part of maintaining the vitality of AVSC, and we were happy to help with a reorganization of the clubhouse and raise funds for AVSC scholarships at the same time."
Originally known as the Aspen Ski Club, the nonprofit's roots as a community-based program hearken back to 1937 and predate the opening of Aspen Mountain by nearly a decade.
AVSC staff will help usher in the new season during the benefit. Photographs displayed throughout the Limelight Lounge will tell AVSC's story, while design boards provide detail of the clubhouse remodel.
Recommended Stories For You
Complimentary appetizers, beer and wine will be available in the lounge. The suggested donation is $10 to benefit the AVSC scholarship program.
For more information, call Beth Hansen at 970-205-5107 or Jennifer Wright at 970-279-4157.
Trending In: Snowmass
- Strafe Outerwear and Thai eatery on Snowmass Mall this winter, added employee housing in the works
- Marolt: Snowmass Town Council making out-of-bound turns on a dangerous slope
- Base Village grand opening same weekend as Snowmass’ 50th last year, 2018-19 winter calendar released
- Skico president calls Snowmass leaders’ push to change Gwyn’s lease agreement ‘sort of ludicrous’
- Sky Mountain Park trails closed this week for elk hunting
- Court allows class-action against Aspen towing company
- Cigarette advertising lights up conversation about Aspen’s ski pass art
- Aspen’s housing program holding scofflaws accountable, focusing on compliance cases
- The Drop-In: Aspen Mountain Opening Day (video)
- Aspen Skiing Co. buying land for more employee housing